Preparing Your Garden for Autumn:
If you are like us you are already planning your beds for next Spring. With the cooler autumn temperatures upon us, it is time to start wrapping up those gardening projects for 2016.
Here is our fall gardening check list:
1. Planting bulbs for spring 2016 - although it seems far away - those crocuses will be the first early flowers to appear in your garden.
2. Trim back perennials to ensure new spring growth. If you have echinacea let the dried flower heads do their thing and drop new seeds for next years season.
3. Check for any damaged tree branches and cut back as necessary; this will avoid any branches damaging the garden or worse this winter.
4. Edge your flower beds.
5. Empty your containers but keep the old soil for next years gardens.
6. Rake leaves and be sure to use a good fall fertilizer for your lawn.
7. Clean and wrap your patio furniture.
8. Be sure to give your BBQ a good clean, so that it is ready for the upcoming grilling season. It is always easier to do in the warmth of fall rather than the cold of winter.
Now sit back relax and know that your gardens are prepped and ready for spring.